- <b> Chloe:</b> where on your body can you find mickey mouse?<p><b></b> ...<p><b>Chloe:</b> *goofy smile* dis knee *points to her knee*<p><b>Bernard:</b> it works because of your singaporean accent.<p>
I was wrong about the extroverts on my team. PTL for understanding that they bring value to the table and are capable of controlling themselves.
- <b> Average "cultured" American young adult:</b> Give gays their rights! You can't force women to give up their babies! Females need more executive leadership positions!<p><b>The hood:</b> Hey can we get somethin' to eat please? Mommy, what does the word 'murder' mean? I saw it on the billboard. Pastor, there's a dead guy on my porch. He has drugs. Why does daddy never come home?<p>
Snippet of today:
-Elders praying for teenagers was the first thing I saw.
-After worship, everyone greeted each other warmly. I got black people handshakes and hugs.
-clapping is painful during normal worship but clapping and dancing is normal in this church
-most leaders are female. Males are largely not even present. Props to the women holdin it down.
- <b> Homewood student:</b> What I like most about the Bible Center after school program is soccer because we have a ball!<p>
- Me: why did they make the white guy play Satan?
- Everyone: We need to make Satan less powerful...let's make Satan funny...or cute. Chloe you play Satan.
- Chloe: but then they'll think Satan is singaporean.
I have 4.5 pages of handwritten notes. We’ve done less than 11 hours of work. Updates later.
- Jahlil (big black guy): I'm afraid of heights.
- Chloe: How???? You're so tall!
- Casey: I'm taking one picture with flash now since it's dark outside.
- Jahlil (only black guy): Yeah you're gonna need that for me.
My team is all extroverts O.O
The loud, get excited over everything, can’t stop talking ones…
Forgot that e’s can love Jesus too.
I wish it rained perpetually, the pitter patter masking the noise of interaction.
And that I had a solitary space to stare at the droplets splattering across the window.
Being alone isn’t lonely.
— Matthew 9:36-38 NASB
— Jael Jones (co-worker) during Market Research Meeting